Research has been an integral component in our college focusing not only on Doctoral studies but also on seeking sponsored research and consultancy projects in various disciplines. With a vision statement clearly focusing on value-based education for holistic development of the students capable of caring for society through application of research. The college believes in a judicious combination of teaching and research for the benefit of student community at large. The Institution envisages innovation and technological development through its Research Development Committee. It has plans to cultivate academic and research collaborations with Institutes of national and international importance, government agencies and industries to participate in applying science and technology for the benefit of the society and the industry. TheInstitution also remains committed to long-term research as the foundation for future development. Our college has introduced JOPW (Job Oriented Project Work) in curriculum at graduation and post-graduation level.
Encouraging and sustaining innovations and research in the regular academics of the institution required a sturdy administrative courage and strong concern for academic excellence and the college has continuously evinced through its functioning.
Extension activities can be seen in the various means of disseminating the experience and research outputs of staff and students.
The research findings and project outcomes of staff and students always find a fair place in various standard publications in the form of books, reports, monographs and articles in journals and periodicals. Various newsletters are also brought out by different departments from time to time to keep the members of the college abreast with its activities and achievement.
To put in place a robust mechanism for developing and strengthening the research ecosystem with in college, aligned with the provisions of UGC norms.
- ♦ To create a conducive environment for enhanced research productivity.
- ♦ To encourage collaboration across industry, government, community-based organizations, and agencies at the local, national, and international levels.
- ♦ To facilitate greater access to research through mobilization of resources and funding.
This policy shall apply to all the researchers of the college and for the purpose of this policy, 'researchers' are defined to include
- ♦ 1. All staff, temporary and permanent, who are active in teaching & research
- ♦ 2. All students registered with the college
- ♦ 3. All mentors, guides, external experts and sponsors associated with any of the research activities of the college
- ♦ 4. All academic and administrative departments of the college
This policy shall apply to all the research and related activities of the college and will include-
- ♦ 1. Research activities including basic, strategic and applied research undertaken either for fulfilling the requirements of academic degrees or for solving problems
- ♦ 2. Scholarly activities intended to expand knowledge boundaries by analysis, synthesis and interpretation of ideas and information by making use of rigorous methodologies
- ♦ 3. Knowledge compilation and communication initiatives for keeping abreast of academic developments in any knowledge domain such as writing of textbooks, chapters of textbooks, monographs; developing/updating curriculum, etc.
- ♦ 4. Creative activities involving the generation of new ideas, innovations, hypothesis, images, performances or artifacts’, including design in any field of knowledge which leads to the development of new knowledge, understanding or expertise;
- ♦ 5. Research projects of students undertaken as part of the curriculum or for enriching it
- ♦ 6. Publication, presentation and communication of the research outcomes and related activities
- ♦ To develop rules, procedures and guidelines for granting research support, instituting awards, and supporting all other related activities.
- ♦ To provide a modality for proper coordination of all research activities of the college and aligning these to the vision and mission of the college and national development goals.
- ♦ To guide faculty members in the effective integration research projects with the regular curriculum implementation and curriculum enrichment activities.
- ♦ To identify and inform researchers about the appropriate research opportunities announced by different academic, research, industry or government organizations.
- ♦ To promote interdisciplinary research and establish modalities for preparing and undertaking joint research projects covering more than one knowledge domain as well as policies for involving external agencies/experts in such projects.
- ♦ To define an enabling framework for researchers to obtain sponsorships for research projects and which makes the participating researchers responsible for the successful implementation of the project.
- ♦ To identify and establish linkages including MOU s for long term relationships with national and international research organizations for widening the scope of research opportunities and funding options available to the teachers and students of the college.
- ♦ To encourage and facilitate the publication of the research work/projects in reputed academic journals.
- ♦ To prepare and implement a research quality assurance mechanism for ensuring that all research activities of the college conform to standard quality specifications.
Research Development Committee
The Research Development Committee comprises of faculty members from core departments in the Institution. This committee oversees the smooth and efficient co-ordination of research and development activities in the Institution, thus fostering overall growth.
Research Development Committee is headed by one of the senior faculty member of the college being convener of Research Development Committee with members from different core departments of the college. Cell prepares plans for the promotion of Research and Innovation ecosystem on campus.
Research Development Committee will have the following Composition
♦ Principal – Chairperson
♦ Coordinator – Senior Faculty Member
♦ Members- Teachers from different faculties
♦ Industry/Academia representative - Member
♦ Two student representatives – Members
Research Development Committee may be expanded with the inclusion of more members if necessary. It may also set up and promote 'Action Groups' for managing specific projects/activities.
As per above composition following members are included in Research Development Committee -
♦ Dr. Pratibha Singh Principal/Chairperson
♦ Dr. Kumud Shrivastava Coordinator
♦ Faculty Members–
- 1. Dr. GitanjaliPagare
- 2. Dr Shashi Kiran Nayak
- 3. Dr. SeemaHardikar
- 4. Dr. Sanjay Sahay
- 5. Dr. Ranjana Upadhyay
- 6. Dr. Santosh Yadav
- 7. Dr. Mamta Saxena (Guest Faculty)
- 8. Industry/Academia representative – Dr. Moni Mathur
- 9. Two student representatives –
- 1) Ku. Hajra Irfan M.Sc. Chemistry
- 2) Ku. Gouri Malviya M.Sc. Chemistry
Research Advisory Committee
Besides a Research Development Committee, Research Advisory Committee is also constituted to offer advises for advancement in research. The Research Development Committee may consider such advice on the consensus basis. The composition of Research Advisory Committee is as below-
- 1. Dr Moni Mathur (Educationist)-External expert
- 2. Dr Mukesh Dixit (Prof. Zoology)-Coordinator
- 3. Dr Kusum Mathur (Prof. Geography)-Member
- 4. Dr Gitanjali Pagare(Prof. Physics)- Member
Research Ethics Committee
A Research Ethics Committee also exists in the college to advise on ethics related issues of research. The composition of Research Ethics Committee is as below -
- 1. Dr Moni Mathur (Educationist)-External expert
- 2. Dr Sanjay Sahay (Prof. Botany) - Coordinator
- 3. Dr P K Khare (Prof. Philosophy) -Member
- 4. Dr Seema Hardikar (Prof. Physics) -Member
- 5. Dr. Sheela Dixit (Asstt Librarian) -Member
5. Responsibilities of the Research Development Committee :
- ♦ Research Development Committee keeps track of all mechanism of research scholars before thesis submission and conducts the pre submission viva - voce
- ♦ Encourages and motivates faculty for submitting proposals to external agencies for funding.
- ♦ Supports interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research, project design and development, publications in national and international journals of high repute
- ♦ Research Development Committee facilitates UG and PG research projects and adopts mechanism to promote research insight into young students through Student Exchange Program and Internship at various institutes of National importance like MPCST ,AMPRI , IISER, NGOS and in different language labs, in different art academies etc. according to the opted research problem.
- ♦ Research Development Committee will felicitate Research Audit of the Institution through Internal and External Mechanism .
- ♦ Research Development Committee promotes incubation for development of new products and helps in filing the IPR (Intellectual Property Rights).
- ♦ MOU with industries and Research Development organizations for consultancy and collaborative research.
- ♦ Encourages faculty and students for presentation of their research work at different levels of R&D events like seminars, workshops, conferences and FDPs etc.
- ♦ Visits to R&D organizations and disseminates information regarding the effective implementation of research projects.
- ♦ Suggests peer reviewed national and international journals for subscription in Central Library.
- ♦ Keeps everyone abreast of all announcements by various funding agencies like Department of Science and Technology(DST), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Indian council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and University Grants Commission (UGC) etc..
- ♦ The Research Development Committee evaluates R&D activities like funded R&D projects and consultancy projects at the Institutional level.
6. Funded projects and consultancy work:
The general guidelines for faculty engaging in research, development and consultancy are as follows:
- ♦ Every research proposal shall pass through a multi-tier review, where the proposal shall first be reviewed by the Principal Investigator/ Co- Investigator and then by the concerned Head of the Department / experts in the department. This may be followed by review by eminent researchers in the field. The proposal shall then be vetted by the Research Development Committee before submission to the funding agency.
- ♦ All applications related to R&D shall be routed through the principal along with one hard copy for R&D records. A soft copy shall also be emailed to the coordinator Research Development Committee and also to the Head of the Department.
- ♦ Separate stock registers shall be maintained for the entire R&D for the externally funded projects in every department.
- ♦ Purchase of equipment, software and submission of the audit report there of shall follow the Finance Policy guidelines.
- ♦ Principal Investigator and Co-Investigator shall ensure that the equipment and software purchased are maintained in the laboratory/ department and shall be entered in the stock register
- ♦ The entire sanctioned amount shall be utilized as per the guidelines of the funding agency.
- ♦ In case the Principal Investigator leaves the Institution, all the items purchased shall remain as an asset of the Institution.
- ♦ All Heads of the Departments must regularly and diligently update the R&D information on the Institution website for department and give reports to Research Development Committee.
7. All the researchers of the college are expected to:
- ♦ Undertake research activities in thrust areas in accordance with the accepted standards.
- ♦ Ensure that only the authentic data, findings, and research results shall be reported in thesis/dissertation, journals, conferences, summits and symposia.
- ♦ Strictly follow the plagiarism policy (as per UGC norms).
- ♦ Provide citation for the information/data used from the other sources.
- ♦ Provide proper acknowledgment of resource/funding sources of the research.
- ♦ Claim authorship to only those who made a significant contribution towards the research accomplishment.
- ♦ Be transparent in the use and disbursement of resources for research.
- ♦ Declare conflict of interest if any in publication of research findings.
- ♦ Ensure that research results are accessible to the public after completion of the research.
- ♦ Publish research findings only in authentic/genuine journals/books/compendium.
- ♦ Follow the guidelines prescribed in the research bye-laws
- ♦ Keep the premises clean and healthy.
- ♦ Not to create any inconvenience to any other researchers.
As a result of such a concerted effort on part of the college, the expected outcomes may include:
- ♦ Increased development of research facilities
- ♦ Improved students dedication to innovative research
- ♦ Increased creation, capturing and evaluation of research impact
- ♦ Increase in number of extramural and intramural funding proposal submissions
- ♦ Improved success rate for extramural funding awards
You Can also Download ...