The UGC has the unique distinction of being the only grant-giving agency in the country which has been vested with two responsibilities: that of providing funds and that of coordination, determination and maintenance of standards in institutions of Higher Education.
The UGCs mandate includes:
- Promoting and coordinating university education.
- Determining and maintaining standards of teaching, examination and research in universities.
- Framing regulations on minimum standards of education.
- Monitoring developments in the field of collegiate and university education; disbursing grants to the universities and colleges.
- Serving as a vital link between the Union and state governments and institutions of higher learning.
- Advising the Central and State governments on the measures necessary for improvement of university education.
Committee of UGC Cell
|| Dr. Seema Hardikar
|| Dr. Manisha Sharma
|| Dr. Ranjana Upadhyay
|| Dr. Alka Verma
|| Dr. Renu Shrivastava
|| Dr. Shashi Kiran Nayak
|| Dr. Santosh Ralawaniya