The Concept of Autonomy
Autonomy available to Colleges is both administrative and academic in scope and is granted with the following objectives, among others:
- As per scheme of University Grants Commission on "Autonomous Colleges" reputed Colleges are granted autonomy in its various dimensions such as preparation of curruculum, formulation of rules for admission, conduct of examinations, freedom to raise own resources etc. so that such institutions could move towards a regime of excellence and also impart quality education to its students.
- Autonomous Colleges are free to introduce long term, medium term and short-term innovative courses of study, apart from courses in the traditional courses.
- Autonomous Colleges can, in addition, reform procedures that come in the way of imparting quality education.
Journey Of Autonomy
||Status of autonomous college granted
||First review of autonomy
||Semester system launched
||Second review of autonomy
||Third review of autonomy
||Fourth review of autonomy
Structure of Examination Cell
- Autonomous Examination Cell has been constituted by the Principal (Chief Controller) to undertake all the jobs related to examination comprising of teaching and other employees. The examination cell works round the year.
- The autonomous examination cell consists of-
- Academic Wing
- Printing wing (Cell)
- Financial wing (Cell)
- Data Processing Unit
- The Examination Cell is headed by the Controller. The controller is assisted by one Deputy Controller, One Coordinator (for Printing Cell) and Twelve Assistant Controllers (six for Academic Wing, one for Financial Wing and four for Printing Wing) for smooth functioning of the cell. All of them are deputed part timely from the teaching staff for a term of three years.
- To further suppost office clerk, office assistants and office helpers have been appointed.
- All the computational and printing work is done by computer programmers and data entry operators.
Activities of Examination Cell
(A) Main Activities
(B) Ancillary Activities:
- Preparation of academic calendar.
- Receiving booklets of panel of examiners from each of the department.
- Verification of syllabus from head of the department.
- Sending letters and paper setting material to the paper setters.
- Receiving question papers, moderation, proof reading & printing of question papers.
- Handing over of question papers & examination material to examination superintendents as per time-table.
- Preparation and conduction of examination (ATKT, Semester & Annual Exam).
- Processing of answer books for valuation.
- Compilation of the results.
- Verification of TR/Generation of mark sheets.
- Review & analysis by the result committee.
- Processing for authentication by the parent university.
- Declaration of examination results.
- Revaluation/ Retotalling.
- Preparation of Supplementary examination (Annual Exam)/ATKT examination (semester exam)
- Declaration of supplementary exam (Annual Exam)/ATKT examination (semester exam) results
- Allotment of Roll numbers.
- Developing Proforma as and when required.
- In-house preparation of answer books.
- Designing examination forms.
- Receiving examination forms.
- Preparation of time table of CCE exam.
- Coordination of CCE examination.
- Preparation of list of external examiners for practical and dissertation viva and sending them to the departments.
- Preparation of timetable for main examination.